I'm watching a tape of an Oprah show and they just brought our Ali--standing
ovation, audience chanting "Ali, Ali, Ali".  He stopped the chants by putting
his finger to his lips.  His hands were shaking, and his walk was not what it
used to be, but his wit is as sharp as ever.  He must have taken some of his
meds before this appearance, because he was talking more clearly than I've
heard him in a long time.  He pretended to spar with Will Smith when he came
out and when Jada Pinkett-Smith hugged him he pretended to turn and take her
away.  When Oprah asked what he thought of Will's portrayal of him, he said,
"He scared me.  He's almost as pretty as me."  Then she asked him how Will
did with his moves, Ali said, "He's not as dumb as he looks."  He wasn't on
long, but he was smiling and enjoying the whole thing.  He had everybody
laughing.  It was good to see him.  He's still quite a man.
Eleanor