They are discharging Ted tomorrow.  Doc finally wrote the DC order for the rest of the dilantin.  It will be good for him to get out of the hospital, I know, I just hope that I am up to the challenges.  He has been up walking with a walker twice yesterday and today for 5-10 minutes and doing well  -- but exhausted.  I'm hopeful that getting him out of the hospital with all the attendant confusion, noise, constant interruptions and having to sleep restrained (awful) will help.  I believe so.  I am the eternal optimist (though when one gets tired, it's difficult to retain that outlook).

Today I asked the neuro for a referral to Dr. Evy Szanto (Thea Seese out here in my neck of the woods will know who she is and thank you for calling us in the hospital, Thea), and he said he would call her in the morning.  She is about 40 miles away but we will get there.  Of course, she may not be able to take him on as a patient.  In that case, I am going to get him in to see Dr. O'Brien, the newest neuro in town, who was recommended to me by his attending doc in the hospital.

So, that's the plan and the news for now.  God help the seriously ill people who go into the hospital these days without anyone to keep tabs on them!

I guess we'll "see" everyone tomorrow.  I'm going to bed.

Carole