As I said, I had a call from the neuro earlier today.  He came over and actually spent time with us this p.m.  Took some time to explain certain things which were actually helpful.  He talked about the med he had mentioned adding earlier (dopamax, I think).  Gee whiz, he had actually consulted with the other doc and decided to hold off until after a drug holiday.  Well, a mini-holiday of sorts . . . they have decided to cut back Ted's PD meds significantly.  He is only getting 5 Sinemet 25/100's, the smallest dose of Requip 3 times a day and 3 100 mg. Tasmar a day.  Tonight he was feeling the lack of Sinemet due to having been up walking with the physical therapist twice today.  It's hard to see someone become slow and stiff but he said he thought it was making him feel better.  (But, then, he'd agree with just about anything to get out of there!!!).  I am really glad for the drug holiday.  The hospital pharmacist had talked to me about the meds and said that this team probably wouldn't ever agree to a total holiday (which is fine as that would be pretty uncomfortable at this point in time . . . or any point in time).  It just makes me feel so much better that neuro is actually consulting with others about this.  Ted said, "You know, Dr. B--- really does like me."  And I think I would agree that he does and that maybe part of it is that it pains him to see Ted in this condition.  It's almost like maybe if he ignores it, it will go away (or resolve itself).  NOT!  I'll give him the benefit of the doubt.  However, no matter how understanding I am, doesn't mean dip in the future.  Hell hath no fury, etc, etc.     :-)

See you all tomorrow . . . with good news, I hope.

Carole