Dear Perry,
I think you have really got it right. The people on this list are proactive in trying to follow through on a difficult healthcare situation. It is small wonder that so many of us seem to know more than the professionals. If only there were some type of state by state conference where every "practicing"doctor could be dragged to to learn and get really educated about PD. When I check Medscape , Doctors Guide, and the Albert Einstein cyberrounds , I have never seen a CME concerning PD . Maybe Doctor Lieberman could have some influence here to have some arranged for Physicians.
It is so sickening to have the diagnosis proclaimed and immediately the drugs start coming at us. I went through alot of general practicioners, which I had better luck with-at least they admitted that PD was new to them,  and too many neurologist before I finally settled on a GP who was up on PD. She starts out with everything but the drugs and then slow on that as they become necessary to control symptoms. She seems to realize that the drugs dont do anything for the PD , just mask the symptoms and explains it that way to her patients.
My PD has been under "control" for some time but still has it swings of  "efficiency".  Although my diagnosis is recent history , I am sure I was suffering for years and it just couldnt be blamed on anything. I was lucky to be enrolled in Blue Cross /Blue Shield when I retired because with the preexisting condition clauses with insurance companies , I dont think I could have switched carriers after I retired.
The exchanges of information on the internet seems to be our best hope for PD with lack of continuing education courses for doctors who just continue to practice.  Rob