My boyfriend is in a high stress job which requires a tremendous amount of detailed concentration. As long as I have known him - about a year (he has been diagnosed with Parkinson's for about 8 years) he has been forgetful and I have no way of knowing how much was just him and how much can be attributed to Parkinson's.

At the moment he is under extreme pressure as he is winding down his job - thankfully! I have begged him for the last few weeks to go and see his PD doc but he insists on waiting until he finishes the final project he is working on which will be next week (but that seems a lifetime away). There has been a definite deterioration in his condition recently but I was horrified today to find that he has no recollection of a fairly indepth conversation we had yesterday. He said if he thought hard enough it might come back to him.

Does anyone have experience of this and if so do you think it is stress related or purely PD related and any advice on how I should handle this. Thank you.

Elaine