Date:         Sat, 19 Jan 2002 07:16:58 -0800
Sender:       Parkinson's Information Exchange Network
From:         Murray Charters <[log in to unmask]>
Subject:      News & Views From The Overnight Newswire - Jan 18th, 2002

Good Morning All,
Here's the overnight "News & Views"....  from the on-line media....

Farewell Frank Shuster!  (Canadian comedian succombs to
pneumonia after long battle with Parkinson's) We loved to
listen to your zany humour all my life...

Cheers ..... murray

* * *

Family, friends, entertainers bid farewell to comedian Frank Shuster
http://ca.news.yahoo.com/020117/6/h8f5.html

NEWS: Study Examines Genetic Role in Parkinson's Disease
http://ca.news.yahoo.com/020118/5/hdae.html

NEWS: Closer to Defining Function of Two Proteins
Involved in Neurotransmitter Release
http://www.newswise.com/articles/2002/1/NUROPRTN.SWM.html

NEWS: Expert Panel Urges U.S. Ban on Human Cloning
http://ca.news.yahoo.com/020118/5/hd7h.html

ARTICLE: Panel: Human Cloning is Unsafe
http://www.ptd.net/webnews/wed/ad/Ahuman-cloning.RsAx_CJH.html

NEWS: French Debate Stem Cell Bill
http://www.heraldsun.com/healthmed/34-184161.html

NEWS: New Round in UK Human Clone Battle
http://europe.cnn.com/2002/WORLD/europe/01/18/uk.clone/index.html

NEWS: BBC - Court Approves Cloning Challenge
http://news.bbc.co.uk/hi/english/sci/tech/newsid_1767000/1767503.stm

NEWS: Muhammad Ali Photo Exhibit Opens At Smithsonian
http://www.ptd.net/webnews/wed/dp/Aali-photos.RyH7_CJI.html

KANSAS: The Research Initiative: How Much and For What?
http://cjonline.com/stories/011802/leg_initiative.shtml

ARTICLE: Bioethics Panel's Topic 1: Perfection
http://www.latimes.com/news/printedition/asection/la-000004710jan18.story?coll=la%2Dnews%2Da%5Fsection

* * *