Hello All,
I would like to share this exciting NEWS about a GREAT PBS
series and associated web pages....  The focus is not on
Parkinson's... but, I don't think that matters...

Read on... Visit the Sites... Enjoy...

Cheers ....... murray

Medtronic invites you to experience
THE SECRET LIFE OF THE BRAIN
a new five-part series debuting Tuesday, January 22 on PBS.

Series Explores Revolutionary Discoveries in Neuroscience

In the past decade, science has deciphered more of the secrets
of the human brain than in the previous 90 years combined.

Until very recently we understood more clearly the workings
of distant galaxies in the universe than we did the relatively
small organ that allows us to ask questions, smell flowers,
and compose music.

THE SECRET LIFE OF THE BRAIN, a new five-part series
debuting Tuesday, January 22 on PBS (check local listings),
will explore the startling new map of the brain that has emerged
from the past decade of neuroscience -- a view of our most
complicated organ that contradicts much of what was previously
believed and holds out hope for dramatic advances in the areas
of addiction, depression, learning disorders, Alzheimer's Disease,
and even schizophrenia.

THE SECRET LIFE OF THE BRAIN is a co-production of
David Grubin Productions and Thirteen/WNET New York.
Narrated by actress Blair Brown, the series tells extraordinary
stories through a mix of personal histories, expert commentary,
and cutting-edge animation. Viewers will not only learn
incredible new truths about the brain, they will voyage
inside it.

THE SECRET LIFE OF THE BRAIN AIRS
January 22, 9:00PM - 11:00PM (Episodes 1 & 2)

The Baby's Brain - Wider Than The Sky
http://www.pbs.org/wnet/brain/episode1/index.html

The Child's Brain - Syllable From Sound
http://www.pbs.org/wnet/brain/episode2/index.html

January 29, 9:00PM - 10:00PM (Episode 3)

The Teenage Brain - A World Of Their Own
http://www.pbs.org/wnet/brain/episode3/index.html

February 5, 9:00PM - 10:00PM  (Episode 4)

The Adult Brain - To Think By Feeling
http://www.pbs.org/wnet/brain/episode4/index.html

AND February 12  9:00PM - 10:00PM (Episode 5) on PBS.

The Aging Brain - Through Many Lives
http://www.pbs.org/wnet/brain/episode5/index.html

THE SECRET LIFE OF THE BRAIN, a David Grubin Production,
reveals the fascinating processes involved in brain development
across a lifetime. The five- part series, which will premiere nationally
on PBS in winter 2002, informs viewers of exciting new information
in the brain sciences, introduces the foremost researchers in the field,
and utilizes dynamic visual imagery and compelling human stories to
help a general audience understand otherwise difficult scientific
concepts.

To request a copy of the Secret Life of the Brain: Teen Guide
or the Adult Guide please send a postcard with your name
and address on it to:
Secret Life of the Brain:
P.O. Box 249,
Little Falls, NJ 07424-0245.