Hi Shirley:

You are the only one that can say that you have both Essential Tremors and
Parkinsons Disease.
Three years after I fell due to Osteoporosis, I was told by my Neurologist
in the states that I have
Essential Tremors and he said it was not as serious as Parkinsons Disease,
so he gave me
nothing for Essential Tremors. It so happens my brother has Parkinsons
Disease and this
Neurologist asked me, "Are you worried that you have Parkinsons Disease"?
and I said "yes"!
So I left it at that. About a year ago, just moved to Israel, I started to
have bad balance and
no stability, so I left that go for a while. This got so bad that my family
wanted me to see a
Neurologist out here. I did see as Neurologist out here and I was so bad I
couldn't stand or walk, so by
trial and error he gave me Sinemet, and to my surprise, this medication
helped me alot to the point
I started to feel much better, but not100% but good enough to get by/

What happened, I wrote to the doctor I had in America and told him I am
doing much better on
Sinemet, so he told me that some people can have Essential Tremors and
Parkinsons Disease.
With Essential Tremors, you don't tremor at rest and this is what happens to
me, but I couldn't believe that I also have Parkinsons Disease. Were you
surprised of having to moving disorders?

This is all I have to tell you for now, but I never did get anything for
Essential Tremors. Do you tremor
at rest? People who have Parkinsons tremors at rest.

Let me know how you are getting along, OK? I am in the group for about a
couple of weeks and I
really like it very much.

Take care and write when you can, OK?
Florence Frankel