In a message dated 1/17/02 11:43:09 AM, [log in to unmask] writes:

<< increased claustrophobia >>

That was the first symptom that drove me back to my Internist who prescribed
1 mg tablets of Clonazepam, generic for Klonopin, and send me on to a neuro
to look for Parkinson.  The claustrophobia was a subset of my depression.
Just a few Clonazepam, as need, quickly took away the claustrophobia.  Later,
Requip seemed to have taken away all the depression. My similar sleep
issues--bed/room too small--were also settled quickly.

I know persons on Paxil and it seems to also work for them for similar
problems.  However, it doesn't have a "as needed" mode of action.  Therefore,
it may take weeks to get any effect and by then many people don't want to
take a chance by stopping, having the problems return and then having to
restart it slowly again and again. That fear can cause dependence as bad as a
true addiction.

I'll not waste anyone's time with a long my description of my depression--I'm
sure that there are better ones on the Internet. However, it's worth the time
to read about it. I thought that I was well informed, but until I got it, I
can now see that I really had no true idea of what depression really was in
my setting.  Basically, for me, many simple things, like reading the daily
paper, that used to be fun were not fun any more.