I too received a message from Kay Missiter with an attachment.

The attachment contains a virus, according to McAfee antivirus scanning
software which scanned the message and the attachment.

This should just reinforce the notions that have been repeated over and over
again in this forum:

1) DO NOT OPEN MESSAGES WITH ATTACHMENTS, particularly from someone you
don't know.  As far as I know the Parkinsn list does not pass on
attachments.   Even if the message SEEMS to come from the Parkinsn list,
careful investigation will show that it does not - it uses the names of the
threads to mislead.

2) The Kay Misiter address is probably valid - just that the virus adds an
underline character "_" before the name to mislead.   This is a pattern that
several viruses with trojans follow.  I did write to her removing the
character, and the message went through OK, but I have not received any
response.

3)  Obtain virus protection for your computer.

Jorge Romero, MD