    I am sure most of you know what the name of that little piece of flesh
is called that dangles down from the top of your throat way back there.  I
can't think of its name, but there is something wrong with mine.  It feels
like it, along with a piece of skin, has detached itself from the top of the
roof of my mouth.   I can feel it rubbing the top of my tongue. I can just
about, but not quite, touch it with the tip of my tongue, but the bit of
flesh which has come down with it  feels very mushy.  Looking at it with
mirror and a flashlight it has definitely fallen about halfway down from
where it used to be.

I have no idea what this thing's function is.  I have not spoken an
intelligible word in well over a year. [I use a voice synthesizer, a
handheld computer and a TTY phone to communicate with.  I've also had some
swallowing problems but they're are improved from a year ago.

I don't have PD - I have [probably] one of the PD+'s but my doctor hasn't
decided which one yet - probably PSP.

Sorry this is so long - I always seem to write a book.  Can anyone give me a
clue on what this new development is?  It just showed up yesterday.

THANKS,
BBAi