TO: ALL

Since anxiety and nervousness can be a part of PD, I did not specifically asked the following question on this site.
My husband is not as yet on Parkinson medication. Prior to his recent tremors and diagnoses, he was having increased claustrophobia. Our bedrooms are too small for him and he sleeps in the living room that is large, open, with the cathedral ceiling. He says he sleeps well there and will stay there. He possibly does not get deep rest. (That may be another issue!)

I did ask doctor on another site about claustrophobia and got a reply that this condition is usually not related to Parkinson disease.Consequently, the Parkinson drugs may not eliminate or lessen his phobia problem. It was suggested that he could be put on paxil medication which apparently is not addictive. Would paxil medication heal the condition or just mask it. How could such problem be healed. I do appreciate all of your input.
Emily