Dawn's ReliefIn general you can take Melatonin but  not the over thecounter meds like Nyquil or Sominex to help you sleep because the drug interaction is possibly fatal if you are on the MAO B  inhibitor, eldepryl. Parky meds do have some strange interactions so check the National Parkinson Drug Interaction List and proceed cautiously. Sometimes even the pharmacists arent even up on what the parky shouldnt take. . I guess you could always overdose on warm milk and cookies with a boring book   Good Luck with your next nights sleep.  Rob
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Clay Felts
  To: [log in to unmask]
  Sent: Saturday, January 19, 2002 6:50 AM
  Subject: Dawn's Relief

  This is a result of being sleepless in "Parkieland".  I am one of those who is up and down all night.  Does anyone have suggestions for sleeping longer hours.?  I have worked with my doctor adjusting medications without finding an answer, yet.  The problem is that no matter what I do or take, I wake up in 3 to 4 hours and can not get back to sleep.  Any suggestions for 8 hours of sleep?

  I am struck by how often in the night that I am reminded of people who have died that were close to me even though I don't believe in such a thing.  I remember as a  child seeing monsters in my room.  I would hide under the covers and soon fall asleep, all warm and relaxed.  As an adult, I no longer see monsters.  I will get a flashing glimpse of something, or feel a presence.  This only happens as I am waking up.

  .Clay

  Dawn's Relief

  I stare at the emptiness but I'm not bold.
  My room in the wee hours is lonely and cold.
  In shadows that harbor my ghosts of the night
  Are places where spirits oft-linger from sight.

  My mind plays its tricks so I talk to the dead
  And often I struggle controlling my head.
  The hours move so slowly, I pray for the sun.
  But god just ignores 'cause his will will be done

  When young I saw monsters while snuggled and safe.
  At dawn in the chill now they dance without grace.
  I am scared that the call for my death maybe now.
  I refuse to acknowledge a beckon to bow.

  As night turns to dawn sleep returns as a friend.
  I dream of lost ladies, which saves me again.
  And, the warmth of the sun fills my room with such cheer.
  'Tis a wonderful life and I'm glad I'm still here.

  Clay Felts
  January 2002