I talked with my neuro about my pain and lack of relief
from any of the medications andI didn,t like the side
effects. Thats when he put me on ultram & stated they
were not addictive. I have had no side effects & have
good pain relief. After Rich's e-mail I called two
different pharmacies and both stated that ultram is a
good pain med. & that it is not addicting. Also if your
pain increases your need for higher dose would
increase. I was told it is best not to take over 8 in
24 hr period. If you have any questions call your
pharmacies. As I stated I take 1 or 2 ever 8 hrs and
that is only when I am in pain. Ultram seems to work
different than any thing I taken before when the pain
is gone ,usually 3or4 days it doesn't come back until I
do something to set it off. I take neuronton  800 mg
tid for essential tremors since 97. I know of some
friends who had strokes & took neuronton for pain with
success but it doesn't help me. I am glad it helps
you ,pain makes one feel so miserable. Good luck Shirley