Rayilyn:

Greetings from K-F.

I too watched the program and I thought it was good but not great. As for
your reaction, I think  You assume that a complete understanding of how
things work is needed to affect a cure.That really is not necessary. If you
consider just about any successful medical procedure our understanding of
the "cure" is usually incomplete. Do we know in detail what causes cancer?
No, but we can slow down or arrest many cancers just the same. Sometimes
medications are effective but it is not known why. So like in many other
diseases I think there is some hope of improving things dramatically, but
probably not completely or without some unpleasant side effects. I think
that provides actually a quite nice glimmer of hope.

K-F Etzold cg Carline

Rayilyn Brown <[log in to unmask]>@listserv.utoronto.ca> on 01/23/2002
05:44:53 PM

Please respond to "Parkinson's Information Exchange Network"

Sent by:    "Parkinson's Information Exchange Network"