Hi Agnes:

Had total knee replacement three years ago, because of falling on the
concrete ground due to
Osteoporosis. The surgery went well, but it took me quite a while for
recovery as my bones are not
in the best of shape because of Osteoporosis. But now I am OK and function
well with my right knee which was replaced. I had a compressure fracture of
my knee. Thought I wasn't healing too good so I thought I would have to live
with the balance problem and no stability which I thought was due to
the surgery. But this wasn't true as eventually I found out that after
seeing a Neurologist, I was told
I have a Movement Disorder which is Parkinson Disease. Don't be afraid, but
you do what you have to
which includes patience doing your physical therapy and put up with the pain
which is temporary, and you will be OK. also do what the doctor tells you.

Take care and good luck to you on your knee replacement surgery. If you have
confidence in your
doctor, just relax and take each day as it comes.

Florence Frankel