Date sent:              Sat, 26 Jan 2002 01:21:35 +0000
Send reply to:          Parkinson's Information Exchange Network <[log in to unmask]>
From:                   Shirley Alt <[log in to unmask]>
Subject:                ultram
To:                     [log in to unmask]

> I have been on ultram for over 45 days for pain in my
> shoulders,back & legs. I was   told to take 1 or 2
> every 8 hours as needed. Nothing had helped before but
> ultram was great. It also helps my tremors. I don't
> take it every day & seldom take it every 8 hours. I doc
> says it works thru the central nerves system. I am glad
> to have it.
>          A good evening from Kansas where the weather
> is great 65 to 70.

Ultram is potentially addictive.  It results in habituation (a craving)
followed by tolerance (the same dose no longer works for pain), and
eventual physical dependence.  It should not be used for longer than
absolutely necessary.

Best,

Bob

Robert A. Fink, M. D., F.A.C.S., P. C.
2500 Milvia Street  Suite 222
Berkeley, California  94704-2636
Telephone:  510-849-2555   FAX:  510-849-2557
WWW:  http://www.rafink.com/

mailto:[log in to unmask]

"Ex Tristitia Virtus"