Representative's office urging that he support federal funding of embryonic
stem cell research I was told that he does not support embryonic stem cell
research but does endorse adult stem cells for research purposes.  His letter
to me states, "Adult stem cells have been found to be as good or better than
fetal stem cells in clinical applications."  Now... I have some serious
doubts that this man has done any in-depth research on this subject.  Of
course, he has been quite busy lately...he has just gotten his son a $50,000
a year job with our state's department of transportation by making a phone
call to one of his political cronies. His son had had no prior experience in
the position he was so fortunate to have "won."  Up until his employment with
our IDOT he had had a lawn mowing service.  But that did not keep him from
being hired over veteran employees with many years experience and seniority.
This has been front-page in our local paper for weeks.

I dislike sounding so cynical, but when I think about the serious need for
finding a cure for so many afflictions, I find it disgusting to have to
appeal to or depend on some of our "morally superior" public servants.
Dee