i recommend you write letters, email and call your representative to ask him
to become better educated on the topics. perhaps you could put together a
packet of information and take it to his local office. the parkinsons action
network website can help with organizing this.
if you stay on point and provide clear information based on science, perhaps
you can start something in your area. if a small number of people begin a
local effort and are on the same page, your representative will need to
listen. although he sounds like one who has an agenda already in concrete,
only numbers of constituents can make a difference.
i encourage you to take the second step as you've already taken the first.
now that you know his attitude, you can move this thing forward. if we each
do this in our own areas and get some of our family and pals to do the same,
they will hear us loud and clear. i admire your effort and hope you'll
continue on this path.
in general all the good news about the doubling of the NIH budget is great,
except that with all the funds being directed to much needed bio terrorism
research, what's left is for other disease research. we still must advocate
for a larger pot for the diseases because otherwise, the money will go
elsewhere...a very crafty group back there in d.c.
sorry to go on
maxine  cg for richard 74/62/60  95608