Emily, I am replying to your post as I have some of the same questions as
you.  I was diagnosed 2 months ago after having symptoms for (looking back) 5
years.  Since My diagnosis, I feel as though I am experiencing a more rapid
onset of symptoms.  I am beginning to think that the anxiety and depression
of knowing I have PD may be causing this.  I know that this doesn't answer
your question but it is something that I would like to find a better answer
to also.  I am taking Requip now...I'm into my 4th week.  Some days it helps
more than others.  I am still on a relatively low dose so am still
anticipating how much it will help long term as I titrate up to a full
maintenance dose.

I wish you luck in your quest for answers.  I will be finding out more as I
go and would like to share information as we come across it.
Dee