In a message dated 1/28/2002 4:57:52 PM, [log in to unmask] writes:

<< Since My diagnosis, I feel as though I am experiencing a more rapid
onset of symptoms.  I am beginning to think that the anxiety and depression
of knowing I have PD may be causing this. >>

Dee,

It is really, really hard to sort out what's physical and what is
psychological in this disease. On the one hand, there's no evading the bodily
realities of a degenerative condition. On the other hand, state of mind does
make a difference - it has been documented that a positive mindset can
benefit physical functioning.

It is very important to attend to your emotional well-being.  Lots of people
on this list have written about what is helpful to them. Exercise tops many
lists, and many psycho-pharmacological aids have been discussed. Kathrynne
Holden, a nutritionist, has loads of helpful things to say about the role of
diet.

There is no way that a reasonable person isn't going to be bummed out at
times by this condition. But please know that you are not alone in feeling
down; that those feelings can be managed; and that it's never weak or wrong
to ask for help.

Best wishes,
Kathleen