The P-I-E-N-O Parkinsn's List Drug Database

oxycodone / PercocetTM , RoxicetTM , TyloxTM

OPIATE: USED POST-OPERATIVELY:

DOPAMINE ANTAGONIST: HIGH RISK

Description: Acetaminophen and oxycodone are used together as an oral analgesic product. These products are used to treat pain. Acetaminophen is a non-narcotic analgesic, and oxycodone is a narcotic analgesic. This combination produces a greater analgesic effect than that produced by acetaminophen alone or by higher doses of narcotic. Also, this combination might cause fewer adverse reactions than do equianalgesic doses of either agent alone.

Available as: PercocetTM or RoxicetTM tablets: acetaminophen 325 mg oxycodone 5 mg TyloxTM capsules or RoxicetTM 5/500 tablets: acetaminophen 500 mg oxycodone 5 mg RoxicetTM solution per 5 ml: acetaminophen 325 mg oxycodone 5 mg alcohol 0.4% Dosage: PercocetTM or RoxicetTM tablets, TyloxTM capsules, or RoxicetTM 5/500 tablets

Adults: 1 tablet or capsule PO every 4-6 hours as needed.

Children: Dosage not established.

RoxicetTM solution per 5 ml: Adults: 5 ml PO every 4-6 hours as needed. Children: Dosage not established.

The P-I-E-N-O Parkinsn's List Drug Database Index

Parkinsn's Archive Treasures Page

John Cottingham is the webmaster of this site.

P-I-E-N-O News, Discussion and Search Center

                    All of Parkinsons-Information-Exchange-Network-Online
                    Only P-I-E-N-O Parkinsn's Archive Treasures/Parkinsn Current Topics
                    Only P-I-E-N-O Parkinsn's List Drug Database
                    The Web
                    Message Board
                    News

Home - The Web - Message Board - Parkinson's News

Master.com Terms and Conditions | Texis & Texis Webscript Copyright © 2000 Thunderstone