Emily,

I had a similar problem for many years before I was DX w/ PD! The Dr's had
me on  nitro patches and everything for  over 10 yrs.Even after DX, it took
a trip to NPF web sie and an article  by Dr Lieberman on the Autonomic
Nervous System ( 2 parts) to make the connection.

I was  breathing at normal rate, only  taking very shallow breaths. I was
forgetting to take in  full inspirations ..... now concentrating on this and
using an alerbuterol inhaler to open bronchial tubes has made a real
difference. If Julian sits a lot or sits  "hunched over", this will also
interfere with full inspirations. Inow try to walk as much as I can ( when I
can) and concentrate on the breathing. On  AM's like today when it is  10
below, I wear a paper mask (Walmart hardware dept. ) to keep the cold air
from entering directly. No more chest pains,and no nitros.

I was  to the point that on a regular stress test, I was going  into an MI
..... cholesterol at 145 ..... and angiogram  was great - Dr's never checked
volume of air, etc. They couldn't figure what was going on even with
tremors,and other symptoms since age  36!!

Small editorial:
Realizing that we all react to this experience dfferently, the soluton could
be very simple and again no meds to disguise the real problem  while masking
the symptoms ! The Dr's may practice, but we must work to help ourselves
.......Hope this helps!

The Best to you folks in your search,
Drink upstream from the herd....... Rob