I am extremely sad to report the passing of my mother Christine on the 13th
of January.  She fought Parkinson's bravely for the last 16 years and the
final year was very difficult for her.  It has been a real challenge for her
and her 3 children, her caregivers.

In 1994 our father passed away after a brief battle with cancer.  Mom was
still very strong then and wanted to stay in their home for as long as she
could.  She lasted another year before she decided a cooperative apartment
close to her children would be best.  Half of her material treasures that
the two collected over the years had to be sold.  She stayed in this very
nice apartment for about two and a half years until she needed more help and
we moved mom to an assisted living facility.  Three and a half years there
she made many friends and truly called it home.  Mom adjusted very easily to
any situation that was brought to her in life.

The assisted living facility could no longer give mom the almost full time
care that she needed and the day after Christmas we had to move her to a
nursing home.

One of her passions in life was food and that too was taken away from her as
she started having difficulty swallowing.  She told us she would not last
long in that place and she didn't.  On the morning of Sunday the 13th, my
sister was called to come to the home to offer "care and support" the caller
said.  She called me and I drove over as soon as I could.  Mom was very
restless and by now had lost her voice.  My sister and I offered our hand
and love to her and she quickly calmed.  Within two hours, she passed away
very peacefully.  It brought us great relief to see her withered body calm
as she seemed to break free from the disease that had her trapped for so
long.

She was 81 years old and lived much a full life up until the past three
years.  She, like most mothers, was a great cook and full of love.  More
love than I was even aware of until the funeral.

I am happy to say that we collected a sizable amount of funds as a memorial
to Christine and they will be passed along to the Struther's Parkinson
Center her in Minnesota to help battle this awful challenge that so many of
you have.

God Bless All of You

Edward