I have a dear friend who has had a thalomotomy several years ago. Since then
her speech has been slurred and soft, certainly not distinct enough to be
understood in front of a group, but she came to speak to my support group and
a 1/2 hour after eating a chocolate bar her voice was near normal.

I know this sounds so bizarre, but when I was at NIH for a PD study, this
subject came up and I told this story to those doctors and they knew of the
chocolate phenomena or knew of an ingredient in chocolate that could help
speech.

jjjane

http://www.geocities.com/janet313/pienet/ross/