Hi all,
I'm forwarding this from a friend of mine. He is putting together a list
of live readings that happen across the country, and trying to get a
regular segment on CBC radio. Please pass it on to anyone you know who
organizes readings, attends readings, or who might know someone who
does. Thanks!
Sarah

Hi all readings people,

My name is Kevin Hehir and I live in St. John's, NF. I have been
organizing readings for about ten years in londonOnt, Ottawa, Banff,
Quebec City and now here in St. John's. The readings have featured some
on this list(and probably on some of the lists that this gets forwarded
to) and people from all over the country. I have hosted Governor
General Award winners and first time readers on the same night. I have
done shows in galleries, pubs, classrooms, parks and clubs.

So what? Well...

I am putting together a directory of reading events across the country.
There is a possibility that the CBC would feature a weekly segment that
broadcast short readings from live shows. I have to show the big wigs in
Toronto that there is enough activity in Canada to sustain a weekly
segment. I know that there is. You know that there is. Help me convince
them that there is.

Spoken word, language writing, sound poetry, slam, whatever.

So far I have been in touch with some folks in Winnipeg, Ottawa, Calgary,
Vancouver, and Montreal and I want to hear from you. I know that in some
communities there are sporadic readings so if you know of any coming up let
me know so that I can make a calender. Ultimately though I am looking
some sort of sustained/sustainable event that run for most of the year.
I am especially having trouble finding people in Atlantic Canada.

Please e-mail me with any questions and send feel forward this to any you
think would be interested.

Send replies and inquiries directly to me at [log in to unmask]

Thanks so much,
Kevin

Here is what I need to know:

City:
Name of series:
Venue:
Frequency:
Contact person(phone/e-mail):
Website:
How long has it been on the go?:
What goes on there?:

for example here is my submission -

City: St. John's, NF

Name of series: readings/listenings

Venue:The Ship Inn

Frequency: second Monday of every month

Contact person(phone/e-mail): Kevin Hehir (709)[log in to unmask]

Website: not yet

How long has it been on the go?:10 months

Average crowd: 40-60 people

What goes on there?: two sets of two scheduled readers for 10-15 minutes
                     each then an open mic