From: CASLL/Inkshed [mailto:[log in to unmask]]On Behalf Of Margaret Procter
Sent: Wednesday, February 13, 2002 8:55 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: question

Hi, Sarah --

Here's some information -- I'll leave description to others. The 4 Cs are
(is?)
the Conference on College Composition and Communication
(http://www.ncte.org/cccc/index.shtml). It's the main meeting for the
university
wing of the National Council of Teachers of English (http://www.ncte.org/).
The
associated journal is called the 3Cs, College Composition and Communication.
You
can see some of it online at http://www.ncte.org/ccc/.  There's also College
English, which often focusses on writing issues too (see
http://www.ncte.org/ce/ce0643toc.shtml) and Research on the Teaching of
English
(can't find that URL at the moment), and a publishing wing
(http://www.ncte.org/college/books.shtml).

Well, that will give you some browsing to do during Reading Week! Now wait
for
messages describing what it's like to be in the midst of five or six
thousand
other writing teachers in person.

Margaret

--
(Dr.) Margaret Procter
University of Toronto Coordinator, Writing Support

(416) 978-8109; FAX (416) 971-2027
http://www.utoronto.ca/writing

         http://www.StThomasU.ca/inkshed/