hi all

on Wed, 6 Feb 2002 23:32:16 -0500 Barb Patterson wrote, in part;
... Welcome home, Janet ...

thank you barb

here's one of the first entries of my journal
a journey of over five years here
soon coming to a bookshelf
near you

janet

     1996/02/21
     home

     impossible

     three small floating pink clouds

     almost
     luminous here
     hints of shadows
     and thickening there
     edges thinning whisping to nothing
     before the icy blue transparence of the dusk sky

     sweet perfumed air drifts up to me silently
     brushes my cheek with a loved one's
     tender caress and is
     gone

     wild sparrows chattering
     in the shelter of the tree's growing shadows
     excitedly comparing stories
     at the end of their darting swooping day

     tame
     ducks
     murmuring
     croaking quietly
     ever hopeful
     vigilant at their station
     awaiting the kindness of others

     janet paterson
     1996/02/21

               this was the result of another of my first
               writing assignments at spectrum's online
               creative writing class: "Paint a word picture
               of a scene/situation, using all five senses
               for the details." (or some such similar
               instructions - my memory fails me) i didn't
               go any farther than my 'bay villa cottage'
               bedroom window, overlooking daniel's head
               road in bermuda, opposite the donald duck
               retirement home which posed as a nature
               reserve. i stuck my head out the window for a
               few minutes, absorbing that evening's
               particulars, then sat down at the keyboard
               and watched in shock as this popped out,
               essentially whole and finished, in 20
               minutes. (a small clarification - the pink
               clouds had manifested a few days earlier in
               some bnet correspondence. the same bnetter
               later compared the finished piece to
               something about violets by the poet "p.b.s.",
               to my much greater, and lasting, shock.) i
               didn't understand it then, and i still don't
               understand it now, but it's what i do.

janet paterson: an akinetic rigid subtype, albeit perky, parky
pd: 54/41/37 cd: 54/44/43 tel: 613 256 8340 email: [log in to unmask]
smail: 375 Country Street, Almonte, Ontario, Canada, K0A 1A0
a new voice website: http://www.geocities.com/janet313/
is your website accessible? http://www.w3.org/WAI/