Date sent:              Mon, 4 Feb 2002 09:15:27 -0600
Send reply to:          Parkinson's Information Exchange Network
From:                   Jorge Romero MD <[log in to unmask]>
Subject:                Re: Please read - important
To:                     [log in to unmask]

> My other comments concerning the JAMA article and the abstract are
> still very relevant, and my claim that HealthScout misrepresents the
> findings still stands - there is not a single place in the abstract or
> article in which these investigators claim to have debunked the idea
> that sleep attacks happen.  They just document that they are rare, but
> even in their population of 638 patients there were some.  They felt
> they were unable to prove that they were related to the drugs.  That,
> of course, does not disprove the association, as Carole Menser
> emphasizes.

And just today, there was a news releae about the health of Janet
Reno, especially after her "fainting spell" the other day.  Among
other things, the article reported that she was taking Mirapex, one
of the drugs incriminated in the "sleep-attack" problem.

I am still very concerned about these drugs.

Best,

Bob

Robert A. Fink, M. D., F.A.C.S., P. C.
2500 Milvia Street  Suite 222
Berkeley, California  94704-2636
Telephone:  510-849-2555   FAX:  510-849-2557
WWW:  http://www.rafink.com/

mailto:[log in to unmask]

"Ex Tristitia Virtus"