On 4 Feb 2002, at 7:42, Jorge Romero MD wrote:

>  The article referred to in that news release which Mario
>  offered for discussion does NOT debunk the connection
>  between medications and sudden sleep attacks (SSA).
>
>  The full article is available on-line, free of charge, at:
>
>  http://jama.ama-assn.org/issues/v287n4/rfull/joc10367.html

Hi Jorge, Bob, Linda, Carole, Mario, Gail, Donald, and All...

I agree with Jorge that the JAMA Article is the best reference...

I encourage you to read  JAMA's Jan. 23 - 30, 2002
issue, including the EDITORIAL; the REFERENCES; the CME...

EDITORIAL:
Daytime Sleepiness, Agonist Therapy,
and Driving in Parkinson Disease by Cynthia L. Comella
http://jama.ama-assn.org/issues/v287n4/ffull/jed10089.html

and scan the References...

I believe the gist of the whole matter is that it is less than 100%
safe to drive if you have PD and Awareness is Paramount!

Under CME...

Educational Objective: To learn that some patients with
Parkinson disease may have episodes of sudden-onset
sleep while driving.

and this excerpt...

Despite admitting to a prodrome of sleepiness,
people generally fail to recognize the likelihood
of imminent falling asleep at the wheel,
the associated collision risk, and the resultant
potential for injury or death.21 Even when patients
have experienced these episodes previously,
some episodes occur so quickly that patients
don't have enough time to recognize them and
pull off the road.36 In addition, a recent case
report with polysomnographic correlation has
shown that a patient can progress rapidly from
a state of stable alertness to stage 2 sleep
without a period of intervening drowsiness.37

http://jama.ama-assn.org/issues/v287n4/rfull/joc10367.html#rr34

I'm with Bob on this... please err on the side of caution!

We don't want to hear that your benificiary is suddenly wealthy!

cheers ...... murray