Dear Mario:

For some reason or other, when one hits "reply" on messages coming from the
Parkinsn List, the reply is sent privately to the person who sent the
original message, and not to the list.  I think the Parkinsn list must be
set up that way, because all other discussion groups that I participate in
do it the other way.  After all, public discussion IS the purpose of these
lists.

I would bet that some of the messages you received concerning the article
you posted may have been of interest in discussion on the list, where they
might appear as a "thread."

I know that I have posted some comments and received private inquiries
concerning my comments rather than "on-list" discussion which might have
been more appropriate, given the nature of my posts most often, since I try
to post information of benefit to all.

I would propose that the settings on the list be changed:  if you hit
"reply" it goes to the list.  If you want the reply to go privately, you can
always do so, by manually changing or adding the recipient.  I do feel that
the settings now inhibit useful public discussion, which is the main purpose
of the list.  That way, we can all learn from each other.

Jorge Romero