Dear Emily, from where I stand:

Thank you for sharing.  All of us, Caregivers, PDers, PD+ers and those of us
who remain undiagnosed and who are under the PD umbrella need something on
which to fasten  our lifelines.

Each of us lives high on his/her own mountain close to a  life-defying
precipice.  Although we are related, we cannot share accommodations because
the bus driver who placed us where we are had one last assignment.  Instead
of designer jeans, we were awarded a designer chronic illness which I call
"the shadow within me".

 On the whole, our meds are different, our symptoms though often similar
don't manifest at the same time under the same circumstances.  Identified
stages occur in some at a very early age/stage or in others over long
periods of time.  Each day is like experiencing the prize at the bottom of a
Cracker Jack box.  We never know what we're going to find!

Somehow, some way, we have to fool that "shadow within".  Whether it be
through the love, care and devotion of a blessed caretaker or the
determination of self, each of us must discover  his/her own path.  This
path may lead to religion, to the sea, even to the lush forests that may be
close by or a childhood memory, even to a little-know headdress.   It may be
comfort from classical or modern music or it may be the laughter caused by a
SPARKLEl joke. It may be anything we choose that wipes away anger or tears .
It may be anything that even momentarily melts ever-growing fear.  Then,
having done this for ourselves, we are bound by common need to share with
others what we have learned.  No man/woman or child should ever walk alone
with "the shadow within".  There is for each of us an extended hand, and we
must let everyone know that extended hand belongs to us!
E of the headdress