Jorge, Murray, Mario and others,
It seems i didn't express myself too well in my posting this morning. I
was not defending  the HealthScout web site nor the research itself.  The
point i was trying to make was actually very similar to Dr. Romero's -
that research findings are often inaccurately portrayed in the mass media
and I think, especially on the Web. This is something i have written
about before. I  also agree the headline used by Health Scout was
attention getting but also very misleading.  About the only thing I
disagreed with was the statement that the article was an advertisement.
In this case it wasn't, but there are numerous other ads and links to
"sponsored"  sites on portals such as Health Scout.

I wrote:
"It's getting more and more difficult on the Web to separate the medical
facts from the media hype and from the advertising. Our best weapon is to
 Know your source."

I  was also in agreement with your statement that we should try to read
the original research report if posssible -- which I did.
I noted in my earlier posting:
"When in doubt - go to the original source -- if you are able to find it
and it's freely available on the Web.
In this case the full article is on the JAMA website www.jama.com  (as of
6 AM today)."

 My purely unprofessional opinion is based only on my experience with
taking ReQuip for about 4 years now. It has helped me to reduce my
Sinemet dosage and has not caused sleepiness or sleep attacks or
interfered with my driving.. But we all react differently to PD meds, and
we can't generalize about it's effects, based on personal experiences.
 I do believe further follow-up studies on  possible harmful side
efffects of ReQuip and other recently  approved drugs, are needed. This
survey by the Canadian Movement Disorders Group will add to the knowlege
base, even if it is not conclusive itself.

At any rate -this is an interesting list discussion.

Linda