Supermario, I thank you for the information in the sleep report.  Whether we
agree or disagree with it, it is important for us to read different points
of view.  As to what is or isn't valid, I believe that depends on us.

At the outset, and I speak for myself, I DO NOT AGREE with the results of
this study without more information.  And if I lived in Canada(the USA will
get there eventually)I'd want the letter.  In addition, I wouldn't want to
be at the other end of litigation!  I, personally, fall asleep anywhere,
anytime, and have since Sinemet entered my life.  It even got more thrilling
when Mirapex joined my household.  Now I ask you, "How much more exciting
can one's life become?"

Admittedly, we know more about our illnesses than anyone else, including,
and I mean no disrespect, our medical teams.   Stop to think about the vast
amount of knowledge we all share.  No one individual can possibly assimilate
all of it.  I'm sure that Jorge and  Bob will agree that we have a mutual
admiration society amongst us.  We are all teaching each other!

In the report they speak of the Epworth Sleepiness Scale.  I can't speak to
that for its accuracies because I know nothing about it.  However the Hoehn
& Yahr(hope I spelled it correctly)sets the stages for PD progression
whether we're PD or under the umbrella.

To me, H&Y is inaccurate.  For example:  After an examination,  your neuro
states you are in
Stage 1.  Now that means you should be able to pretty well go about your
life without too much interruption-few symptoms; you may or may not require
meds, etc.   You wonder how that can be when you can't get out of chairs and
you're falling asleep at the drop of a napkin!  It's because QUALITY OF LIFE
is not a factor!  He I go again!  Soooooooooooooooooo for my money the test
is invalid at least in the earliest stages.

All of this makes me wonder:   Then I think of propaganda.  Anything can be
turned and/or twisted into any direction or any position someone wants us to
perceive, that is, swallow.  We must rely on each other.  Symptomatic
knowledge is in our court!

You'd think I'd quit, but I couldn't.  I tried to discover the relationship
between the loss of dopamine and the increase of specific symptoms.  That
is, we basically recognize what occurs when 240,000 to 260,000 d cells are
lost.  As we lose more from too much med or lack of it, what additional
symptoms are added ?  What other problems do we face?  No luck.

Next came the Epworth test.  I offer it below.  We can all take it.    Happy
sleeping!

E of the headdress

        http://www.stanford.edu/~dement/epworth.html