Dear List Members:
        I am very unhappy to see political polemics raising its sometimes ugly
head again on our PIEN network. This battle has been fought before, the
last time just a few months ago. I, myself had raised this issue, and then
when there was no "official" condemnation I joined the fray by posting my
rebuttals to what I considered non-appropriate comments. Shortly thereafter
I was put on "notice" to cease and desist. At the risk of being censured
again I want to use this means to protest the posting by Ms Porter. There
should be, as I stated months ago, other venues for partisan political
diatribes. I will make one direct statement re the message of Mr.
Kennedy...........I do not put any faith in any political statement of his,
of which I have knowledge, when it refers to the energy policy of the U. S.
I believe any person who considers signing off on the statement in question
should do some homework regarding the subject before committing their
support for a policy that would have far reaching consequences for our way
of life.

                                Don Adams