I've spent a little time trying out ViaVoice. It's OK but comes out with
some freaky phrases. I still find typing faster, in spite of the extra
eeeeeee, aaaaaaa, sssssssss that I'm always having to delete. Another
factor, I'm very early on and my voice is still strong. I know my father
tried similar software a few years ago but the programs and hardware weren't
really ready yet and I think his speech has become too soft now for programs
to analyse.

One thing I did learn in my brief try was that it will take some rethinking
about the way I usually work. I also need to get a good headset and mic.

Jennifer
35/35/34