Hi Anne and list,

I too am new to this list. I'm 35 and diagnosed over the last two months. I
am also trying to determine when to start to treatment - how bad is bad
enough?? I'm being told repeatedly that I'm "pretty goo" though I feel
anything but at times. Also, I've been asked if I want to take part in a
study of a drug that is a component of Selegeline. I'm afraid I don't know
the name as I always forget to ask! The study has been delayed until the end
of Feb. (possibly). Has anyone else heard of this trial or have more info on
it? If I decide against the study, then I would be started on Selegeline, I
think.

I also drive in a carpool, 4 days a week, 1 hour in and 1 hour back. I would
like to work more from home or find work closer to home, but that brings up
a lot of other issues. For exercise, I'm trying to make time for walking,
yoga and skating. But I have a 4 year old and work full time so time
limitations are difficult.

My father and grandmother both had early onset as well and so I understand
too well what you mean when you say you are terrified. I never met my
grandmother but the one positive thing I take from my Dad's experience is
his positive outlook. He continued to do as much as he could for as long as
he could. He is approx. 15 years post diagnosis, still gets around pretty
well, and enjoys family and friends.

Jennifer.