Margaret Tuchman asked me to forward the following message to the list:

--------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Margaret Tuchman <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2002 15:41:13 -0500

Greetings Friends,

A website dedicated to information exclusively dealing with DBS/STN
related
issues of PWPs has the Welcome Mat out for participation, visiting and
sharing experiences at http://www.rewiredforlife.org

This site limits its constituency to PWPs who are considering the
procedure,
have had STN recently or are at various stages post-surgery. Itıs a one
topic site ­ no need to click on unrelated links.

While this site has been operational for over a year, it now has a new
face,
new pages and hopefully, new participants who will bring new topics and
lively postings, questions, answers and comments about life with DBS/STN.
Our patient forum is minimally moderated - just to the extent that
civility,
no attachments and a general 'bon homie' atmosphere prevails.
Exclusivity
to STN patients is necessary because we currently lack the manpower to do
good job with an expanded focus. In the future - who knows?

My surgery and post-surgical experience has been extremely positive and
successful - unfortunately, that is not always the case. The pre-surgical
decision making process was full of frustration and confusion. There were
no
reliable sources of information, templates or hard-core evidence for
making
the proper choice of the best surgeon, an easy to understand list of the
risks of surgery, what improvements can be expected immediately after,
3-6-12 months after and how long the positive effects last.

I promised myself that I would try to furnish this information to other
patients and their families once I recuperated. The website is the result
of
this endeavor.

The attention paid or not paid to the site will determine itıs future
use.
There are many sources of information on PD and treatments options on the
web, I hope that RWfL will be a favored stopping place for you.

Margaret Tuchman
PWP-Dx1980, age 38, 22 yrs PWP, bi-STN 12/00