Dear Jennifer:

It was good to hear from you.  It was also good to hear that your father is
doing OK 15 years after diagnosis.  I need to hear these success stories!

I don't know anything about about the study you're thinking about.  But if
you are stilll able to walk and skate for exercise, you really are doing
"pretty good," as you put it.  I could walk for exercise, but don't because I
limp quite badly and am worried about uneven joint wear.  So I think I will
go on Mirapex in the hope of regaining a normal gait.  Maybe you want to
discuss in detail with your doctor the pros and cons of delaying medication,
only because at your age, you want to stay off of levodopa for as long as you
can.  (So do I!)

I have a young daughter, too,and this is all quite a lot to absorb, isn't it?

Best of luck,
Anne