Hi BettyJo:

Just saw your e-mail and you sound like a highly educated person. It so
happens you have the same things I have. Yes, I have Osteoporosis, but I
didn't take care of it like I should by not taking any
medication for it. I had broken several bones and had to be hospitalized for
surgeries. I now take
Fosomax and I think it helps as when I was falling from PD, I didn't break
any bones like I did previously.

I can almost say that I had PD at the time I was 46 years old as I had
lightheadness, weakness on right
side, breathing problems, etc. No one was able to diagnose me, infact the
doctors thought I might
have Myasthenia, Tia, and thought I had a stroke, etc.

I have very bad OsteoArthritis to the point that I have no mobility in my
left shoulder and no mobility in my right leg, but I do live on Vioxx and
thank God for that.

Yes, I have just moved to Israel a year ago, and a few months after I moved
here I started to have movement disorder like no balance and stability. I
went to a Neurologist out here and he by trial and error
gave me a medication,Sinemet which is given to people who has PD. To my
surprise, I did respond with this medication, and this is why they say I now
have PD. Thank God I am feeling much better but not 100% but I am now able
to cope with my problems just like you.

I am now 78 years young and am doing the best I can. I am enjoying my
children and grandchildren out here and am happy to be here. My daughter
insisted that I move here so that she can keep an eye on me. I must say that
I love my computer and make use of what I know about electronics. In fact if
I didn't have my computer, I would go crazy, so my computer is my coping
mechanism.

Anyway, Bettyjo, what medications do you take for your problems which are
similar to my problems?

Yes, you sound like an interesting person. To tell you the truth I had to go
to a speech therapist in the states as I have Dysfunction of the vocal
chords as off and on I have hoarseness. I only went twice, and I would have
continued but this is when I was getting ready to move to Israel.

Good luck to you and let me know how you are getting along, OK?

Warmest regards,

Florence Frankel