Hello to All.
I recently, by fluke, figured out my own diagnosis of PD. I'm 53 and I believe I've had it for a few years at least. So the discussions with my personal D.O. and D.O. neurologist pretty much just confirmed it. I think it was somehow easier for me because I figured it out first.

My Mom had end-stage PD and died just a year and a half ago, so I know some of what it's about. I was terrified when I realized, then also realized that I have a wonderful (new) husband who will surely help me cope. He's very steady, grounded, and loving.

I've had a freelance tech writing business for over13 years and realize that's going to become even more of a challenge (beyond my recent years of declining interest in it). So I'm starting a new little home business that seems promising. If it works, I'll still realize a reasonable income with much less work. I've so far put off a lot of grieving and am trying to focus on planning for now. There will be time to grieve.

Right now, my DO has me taking a great number of "supplements" to try to stave off the time I have to go on PD meds. Just the PD meds, though, they're really expensive. So I hope they work well to save the brains cells I've got left.

I look forward to a long association with this list--and of course all of its members.

Sally Lattuca
Turn of Phrase
carefully crafted communications
When the words sing. . .the ideas dance!