 Debra, Sally, Ann, Jennifer and all new subscribers,

Welcome to the parkinsn list. There seems to be a number of new
subscribers lately  and it's great that you've found this discussion
list.  I can only second what's already been said by the other
"old-timers."
If you have questions or concerns - just ask. If for some reason there
are no replies (that  happens sometimes - but not often) -- ask again. We
are all here to help each other.
I was diagnosed 6 years ago, started Sinemet about a year later. I also
thought i should delay taking it for as long as possible, but when you
reach the point where the symptoms are interfering with the quality of
your life, i think it makes better sense to start the meds.
Of course none of us chose to have PD , but we do have choices in how we
live with it and how we cope with it. PD affects each person differently,
but i believe that the best way of coping is by taking positive actions
to fight this disease -there are many ways each individual can help bring
us closer to the cure. Also by reading and learning as much as you can
about PD, and by seeking out the support of others - like the people on
this list.
Linda