Dear, dear, Audrey

When I first signed onto PIEN and SPARKLE, I, like a great percentage of the
membership needed to belong somewhere.  I needed to share the me of me that
I had shared with no one for many years.  Too many responsibilities.  Not
enough time.  Not enough trust.

For the first time in my life I put the me of me in writing.  I not only
wrote about myself, I wrote about my illness and what I called the "stages"
of my illness.  I wrote what my family didn't know, what my coworkers were
never told those many years we looked after one another.  I had learned my
lessons well over the years.  Nose to the grindstone.  Watch whom you trust!

Yet I didn't feel that way about SPARKLE and PIEN.  I could belong here and
not feel alone in my illness.  When I felt a wall of ice before me at PIEN,
I figured I was the new smart-aleck kid on the block who was full of ideas
that might uproot and old oak.  SPARKLE accepted me-strangeness and all!  As
for PIEN, I could see it would take time.   Then when I wrote what became
the cover letter for the HOW DID WE GET HERE ANYWAY SURVEY and there was so
little response, I KNEW it had to be me!  Of course it wasn't.   It was
somewhat my insecurity, PDers' reluctance and PIEN's period(excuse the play
on words)of PMS!

Make no mistake.  I was ready to run.  I had had it!   Why, there was enough
in my basket of life to handle without additional headaches!

It was some very special stranger-cyber-friends who convinced me to stay.
They are the ones, some of whom have lived with those under the PD
umbrella, whose perseverance so strongly contributed to the heart of PIEN.

Newbies are greeted.  Intelligent discussions are held. Tears are shed.
Contributors' points of view are accepted and/or debated.  No one appears to
be afraid to ask for advice.   There is not only warmth, caring and love on
PIEN, there is a tremendous amount of professionalism as well.

Soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo, having said what I've said, I'd like
to dedicate this page to:  Audrey, Michel, Jo Ann, Bonnie, Camilla,
Kathrynne, Greg, David, Juanita, the Barbs, Mario, Maryse  and everyone who
somewhere along the line gave me kind word and encouragement;  to Jorge and
Bob who have so beautifully dedicated their professionalism; to Barbara P.
who trusted me, and to my  special angels Hans and John who have kept me out
of more than one scrape.   If I contribute anything to PIEN, it is because
of all of you, and I do it with love, friendship and caring.

Thank you all!
E of the headdress

Dear special Edith,
It is impossible to ignore the aura of goodness that you show whenever you
post. I feel privileged to know you even if this is the only way that we
meet. I am sure that many feel very much the same way as I do too. For all
of those who wait for the cure, or some diagnosis of what they have, people
like you make the waiting so much easier. For those as I am, who have no
direct connection with someone with PD, you give us a way to understand what
it is to be closer to our special far away pwps. Thank you for being the
person that you are my friend.

Love,
Audrey