Greetings everyone.  I was just reading the APDA Young Parkinson's
newslettter and I noticed the PD support groups on the Internet. My name is;
Betty Jo and I am 54 years old for another  week. I was diagnosed with PD hen
I was 47.  I also have fibromyalgia, osteoarthritis, and osteoporosis.
Despite all these diagnoses, thanks to my wonderful husband, I stay on the go
and involved.

I may have one thing to add to the group. I was a speech therapist for 32
years working with patients who had strokes, cancer, neuromuscular diseases
such as Parkinsons. I can't tell you how much my past experience has helped
me cope as well as establish carry over of the exercises I do. It has also
made me recognize the things I am doing-such as toe walking, stooping, etc. I
set up people in my environment to remind me in humorous ways when these
things occur.

I am now retired and have time to do my arts and crafts and poetry that has
developed since I was diagnosed. We have just purchased a motorhome and hope
to begin traveling the USA this fall.

I hope to get know some of you so we can share ideas.

Betty Jo