Chuck - Please don't be bitter about the fact that your Dad was one of
those who went quickly.  There are some on this list who have had PD for
28 years.  My love has had it for 5.  I gather from the postings on the
list that many doctors think patients don't die from PD, but from
complications caused by the PD, such as aspiration pneumonia, etc.  I
hope things begin to work out for you.  Best wishes, Jo Ann