Hi Jim Finn,  our current media star,
and other less famous "PIEN'ers",

Count me in  your corner, Jim,
in the Great Sinemet Debate. I've
been taking it since 1989, every day.
It is a wonderful medication for me.

I  find myself agreeing with Jim wholeheartedly
about Sinemet.  There is definitely confusion
and fear about SInemet .
I wonder how many doctors realize
that Parkinson's requires dopamine
replacement.  Sinemet takes care of this,
by the breakdown of its L-dopa
to dopamine.

Mirapex, Requip , Parlodel and Permax all
simulate dopamine, but cannot substitute
for it.  Apples and oranges are not inter-
changeable.

I like Jim's comparison of avoiding Sinemet to
not using the best china in your house..  The other drugs
mimic the action of dopamine, but
with heavy costs---like knock-down dizziness, low
blood pressure and horrible constipation.

And a bit of speculation...

I would wager that Janet Reno may be a victim of Mirapex.
I would bet that she takes  too much
Mirapex.  This  would explain why she faints.

Ivan Suzman, PWP
Portland, Maine
52/39/36

On Sat, 16 Feb 2002 23:06:08 EST [log in to unmask] writes,
in part: