Dear Helen,
Thank you so much for your letter. I have not lived
with my mom and dad for over 20 years, so I don't know
all that I wish I could know.

My mother told me that the doctors knew of his
hallucinations but never made much of it, in fact they
joked about it? It never seemed to be a big problem.
Dad would have trouble sleeping at night and go out to
the garage to work on things, wood projects I guess.
He would hear voices, people would talk to him, he
called them his friends. Then they started critizeing
him, putting him down, rediculing him!

My dad has had Parkinson's (had) since 1987-1988 time
frame! He started having Dementia about 6 years ago,
would think people were in the house or standing
outside looking in, from the second story! kind of
hard to do!

His last day on this earth was the worst. He was not
only hearing voices but he was carrying on full
conversations with these people and acting as if my
mom was not even there! He told my mom at one point in
the day that the floor was sinking and sand was coming
up!, then he proceded to try and pull out imaginary
stick pins from the same rug. At one point in the day
he went into the hallway and rolled up into a little
fetal like ball, that is when my mom thought of taking
him to the hospital. Instead she chose to do like the
other times and wait till tomorrow! tomorrow came with
a knife in the chest!

My dad had been sleeping with a neck brace on now and
I suppose you know why he was doing that? My mom said
that if he had intended to end his life he would not
have put on his neck brace!

I can not understand how a man who did not have the
manual dexterity to button his own shirt, could do
such a thing, unless he was hallucinating so bad that
he became a different person so to speak?

My dad's Neurologist is suppose to be one of the best
in the USA, so if that be the case? then maybe there
is something for this man to learn here! Maybe he
won't let another one of his patients die such a
horrible death? maybe he will take hallucinations a
little more seriously? lots of maybes!

Best of luck to you and thanks again!
Johanna Thompson