Hi Betty Jo:

My heart goes out for you as it sure sounds you are having a rough time.
Yes, you have written me
before and told me you and I have lots in common with our diseases, also
that you have lived in Israel
a couple of times. Yes, I am gaining weight and I have written to Kathryn
from the Dietitian Digest.
She says it comes from Vioxx and Sinemet as these two medications causes
water retention (edema)
but she does say to speak to your doctor about that. Also watch what you eat
and go to Dietitian
http://www.parkinson.org/  Click "Ask the Parkinson Dietitian" and submit a
question to   " Ask the
Parkinson Dietitian" I can understand that you are in a lot of pain and when
this happens, it upsets
your other problems and I am talking from experience. So try to keep you
pain down but I know it is hard to do but taking Vioxx is a dangerous
medication because of the side effects.

My advise is to talk either to Dr. Lieberman who is a very compassionate
person and to Kathrynne Holden, MS, RD and maybe they can adivse you.  By
the way, do you have a doctor you can talk to??

Take care Betty Jo and I sure hope you feel better. Also try to take as
little of the Sinemet and other
PD as possible but do speak to your doctor.

My warmest blessings,
Florence Frankel