Try the bank where you deposited or cashed them.  I believe they
will have that information on file.

----- Original Message -----
From: "elizabeth wands" <[log in to unmask]>
To: <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Sunday, February 24, 2002 9:26 AM
Subject: non pd

Hi everyone,    I am wondering if anyone on this list knows if
the checks
you get from Social Security are on file at their office.  I am
being
charged with a bill saying that I was overpaid $2,830 this past
year. I know
this is not possible and have argued this with them but to no
avail.  I
wonder if it is possible they would have a record on film of  the
canceled
checks they say they sent me.  Does anyone know if that is
something I can
find out? We always have to prove payment with canceled checks.
Most
likely, I can't fight city hall.
Thanks so much for any help.
Elizabeth