Kathleen, I mean nothing derogatory in what I say.  Your intentions are most
sincere.  However, I must speak for myself for no matter what my illness or
my problems, the who of me, the self esteem of me and the self respect of me
demands it.

Contrary to comment, Janet Reno's present/future mean nothing more to me
than a lively, healthy discussion.  I feel no emotion, am not shaken by her
experiences or her intentions, am not in denial(I tried it.  It was
fruitless).  I do not delude myself about my condition.   In fact, I know as
much as my medical team so am fully aware of what can and cannot be done for
the present.

What I have seen is PIEN family interest in PD/politics, personal views,
etc.  There is camaraderie and opinion sharing the likes of which PIEN
hasn't done on such a friendly basis until recently.  It's wonderful to see!
It's healthy and id redeeming because it involves acceptance!  Keep it up
everyone.  I love it!

Neither JR nor MJF are my standard bearers.  They are draw names that have
the ability and the stature to pull in money for research that many
organizations have sat on for years-long before I became ill.  I am
personally not aware that JR has raised any funds for PD.  That doesn't mean
she hasn't. Yet, in truth, I have to admit that she appears to be the one
who may be in the denial you describe.  As far as I'm concerned, and I wrote
this in a post several days ago, she has the intellect and ability to do
whatever she wants to do with her life.

Nevertheless, I do have standard bearers.  They're Don and Vivian;  George
and Juanita; Camilla and her beloved Peter; Michel and his beloved Barbara;
Donald and his beloved Kathleen; Ivan Susman; Robert Berger; Joan Hartman;
Linda Herman;
Bonnie Browley; Supermario; Bonnie Clay Riley; Clay Felts, Rayilyn; Bunny,
Murray Kastner; Maryse Schild, and I could go on and on for my address book
is full of the EVERYMAN/EVERYWOMAN with or without caretaker whose very
efforts at kindness and friendship see us through our every day.  They are
the ones in whom I have pride and whom I hold dear, for in their hurting and
never knowing, they find the time to make sure we have a better day!  Who
can possibly ask for better standard bearers!

In caring and friendship,

E of the headdress